St Mary’s Youth Ministry
St. Mary’s youth group is an all-welcoming community to youth grades 6-12. The youth ministry of St. Mary’s provides a loving community that leads and supports youth on their faith journeys and energizes them to extend the love of Christ to the world.
The lives of our youth are full of so many personal and spiritual milestones. Here are the main moments that we come alongside and celebrate each of our young people: Blessing of the Backpacks and Blessing of the Car Keys, Birthday Cards and Blessings, Sixth Grade Transition, Confirmation, and High School Graduation.
To stay up to date about youth events, please register to receive REMIND texts by texting @stmyouthsq to 81010, contact St. Mary’s via email to get signed up for the newsletter, or follow us on Instagram @stmarysyouthsquad.
Sunday School and Youth Group
Sunday School and Youth Group meet in the Education Building towards the back of the campus. All youth (6th-12th graders) and friends are invited to all youth events!
Sunday School at 10 a.m. on Sunday Mornings –Middle School and High School Sunday School classes will meet every Sunday morning at 10 a.m. in the Education Building. This is a great chance to have discussions, ask questions, and think deeply about faith together.
Youth Group Events – Generally, the Youth Group meets twice a month on Sunday evenings at 5p.m. for fellowship, games, and dinner. This fall, we will be alternating between large group gatherings and a Family Worship & Potluck. This will be a new offering for all youth and their whole family to come together for worship and a potluck. No matter where we are or what we are doing, youth group events are always a fun and meaningful time of connection. And friends are always welcome!
- Sunday, November 27 at 10 a.m. – Family Advent Wreath Making in Parish Hall
- Sunday, December 4 at 4:30 p.m. –Youth Hot Chocolate Bar @ Lessons & Carols Service. Sign up here!
- Sunday, December 11 at 5 p.m. – Youth Christmas Party, Family Worship & Potluck Dinner
- Sunday, December 18 at 11 a.m. – Annual Jesse Tree Service
- Saturday, December 24 at 4 p.m. – Christmas Pageant. Sign up here to volunteer!
If you are an 8th grader or above, you are invited to join this year’s Confirmation Class. This is an opportunity to grow in faith, learn about the Episcopal tradition, and develop meaningful connections with peers and church members. Contact Kilpy Singer at email@example.com to receive more information.
2022-2023 Class Schedule
- Saturday, October 22nd – 1 – 5 pm Session 1 @ University of Richmond High Ropes
- Sunday, December 4th – 6 – 7:30 pm Session 2 @ St. Mary’s
- Sunday, January 29th – 2:30 – 4:30 pm Session 3 + Parent Session @ St. Mary’s
- Sunday, March 19th – 2:30 – 4:30 pm Session 4 @ St. Mary’s
- Sunday, April 30th – 2:30 – 4:30 pm Session 5 @ St. Mary’s
- Sunday, May 14th – 9:30 am – 1 pm Confirmation Day!
9:30 – 10:30 am Meet with Bishop, Group Photo
11 am – 12:15 pm Confirmation Service
12:15 – 1 pm Reception
Acolyting is one of the many important ministries we offer for our youth. It is an opportunity for young people to serve alongside and assist our Clergy during the worship services. It’s a special and meaningful way to participate in the life of this faith community. Interested in joining our Acolyte team? Contact Carrie Schaeffer or Somer Sentz to learn more.
Ready to go ahead and sign up for a slot? Sign up here to acolyte this fall.
Information Coming Soon!
Parents, feeling called to volunteer?
The adults of this parish, whether or not they have children in this program, are crucial to the Youth Ministry and its impact. Please contact Kilpy if you are interested in learning more about what volunteering could look like for you.
Registration and How to Stay Connected
- We want to stay connected! Fill out the Fall 2022 Registration Form so we can have the most up-to-date and accurate information on you and your family.
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter! Contact St. Mary’s via email to get signed up.
- Want to receive text reminders about all of St. Mary’s Youth Ministry Offerings and Updates? Sign up for remind texts! Text @stmyouthsq to 81010
- St. Mary’s Youth Ministry has its own Instagram account! This is where we post all the fun and share reminders and updates. Follow us at @stmarysyouthsquad