Upcoming Youth Group Events
We will continue to offer virtual youth groups and socially distant, outdoor, in-person youth events (weather permitting). All youth (6th-12th graders) are invited to all youth events! We ask for everyone’s safety that all wear a face mask. There will be time we will be able to meet in person and times we will meet virtually. To stay up to date about youth events, please register to receive REMIND texts by texting @EBRUCH to 81010. Or contact Emily Bruch via email for more information.
- Sunday, February 28 at 4 p.m. – Virtual Youth Cooking Class – RSVP Here
- Sunday, March 14 at 4 p.m. – Trivia Throwdown! – Sign up Here
- We are having a virtual trivia night on March 14! Trivia Throwdown will be hosting our event via Zoom. The game includes five rounds with a final showdown (20 total questions) and takes roughly 75 minutes. Each round is designed to a challenge you and your teams in new and interesting ways. The content covers all things movies, music, history, science, sports, pop culture, and everything in between. Once you sign-up you will receive a Zoom link and a snack box will be delivered to you on the day of the event! The bigger the group the better so please invite your friends!
Youth Mission Trips for Summer 2021
St. Mary’s will offer two domestic mission trips for the Summer 2021 through YouthWorks. Students may serve all or part of the week at a food pantry, clothing distribution center, elder care facility, soup kitchen, children’s programs, or minor home repairs through partnering with local organizations to meet ongoing needs of the community.
Middle School Trip:
- Rising 6th-8th Graders
- July 11-16, 2021
- Rutherford County, NC
- Cost: $550
High School Trip:
- Rising 9th-12th Graders
- July 25-30, 2021
- Savannah, GA
- Cost: $550
- Lodging and Meals (travel meals not included)
- Project Materials
- Programming Costs
How to Register:
- Fill out this simple registration form and turn in a deposit of $150 to reserve your spot.
- Registration closes on March 15, 2021
Youth Ministry Amazon Wishlist
St. Mary’s Youth Ministry has been gathering outside this Fall. We have been blessed with such a beautiful campus and weather to be able to come together in fellowship during this crazy year. The weather is about to get cooler, but it is our hopes to be able to keep safely meeting in-person as long as possible! We would greatly appreciate it if you would take a moment to check-out our Amazon Wishlist of items to help us continue meeting outdoors.
Youth Group – an All-Welcoming Community
St. Mary’s youth group is an all-welcoming community to youth grades 6-12. It is our mission to provide a safe and encouraging environment for our youth to experience God’s abundant love through relationships, fun, and questioning. We want our youth to recognize that their lives are holy before God, that they are worthy of God’s love, and that they are enough as they are because they are God’s own. This is the foundation for them to believe that they have a place and a call to answer in the Kingdom. Throughout the year we meet for a variety of activities, outings, and service projects. Youth group meeting times may vary week to week based on the event.
Registration and How to Stay Connected
- We want to stay connected! Fill out the Fall 2020 Registration Form so we can have the most up-to-date and accurate information on you and your family.
- Want to receive text reminders about all of St. Mary’s Youth Ministry Offerings and Updates? Sign up for remind texts! Text @ebruch to 81010
- St. Mary’s Youth Ministry has its own Instagram account! This is where we post all the fun and share reminders and updates. Follow us at @stmarysyouthsquad
Confirmation is an opportunity to not only lift the gift of Baptism but the faithful continuation of the journey of widening and deepening a relationship with God. It is a mutual commitment with the Christian Community. It is a sacred rite of passage, a cherished tradition, and a transfer of responsibility. Join Confirmation Class to continue to explore your faith, ask questions, and deepen your relationship with God.
Confirmation will look a bit different at St. Mary’s this year than in the past. We are offering a mixed-age confirmation process for youth. Any youth in grades 8-12 who are interested in being confirmed can participate. Instead of taking place weekly on Sunday morning as in years past, we will offer 6 workshops throughout the Spring. To learn more about the 2020-2021 confirmation workshops please contact Emily Bruch via email for more information.