The Mission of St. Mary’s Outreach Committee
St. Mary’s Outreach Committee works to inspire and support the members of our parish community in finding ways as individuals and as a community to make a meaningful difference in serving people who need help. With God’s help, the St. Mary’s Outreach Mission is to seek and serve Christ in all persons, caring for and loving the most vulnerable individuals and families in the greater Goochland and Richmond community, and beyond.
Approach and Vision
- We will connect with the people we serve, respecting the dignity of every human being.
- Aligning with our partners and other churches in the community, we will work together to expand our reach and optimize our resources to ensure access to shelter, food, education, healthcare, medicine, supplies, and care for those at
- We will mobilize and optimize our Congregation’s time, talents, and resources to positively impact those in need (educational, spiritual, material, emotional).
- We will build awareness and weave Outreach into the culture of the church, through sustained storytelling, prayer, shared experiences, maintaining a calendar, and a consistent flow of
- We will rebuild our church support capabilities with a focus on creating a database of parishioner interests, skills, and experiences and implement a process to evaluate, prioritize, and resource current and future
- We will consistently offer opportunities for Outreach that will broadly appeal to and further engage parishioners of all
- We will evaluate our resources and set priorities to distribute allocated funds to grant
- We will give up ourselves to His service, and in doing so, experience personal joy and peace in our closeness to God.
Short-Term Mission Experience – Quito, Ecuador – February 7-14, 2022
Consider joining the Hope on the Ground Short-Term Mission Experience with Education Equals Hope (E=H) to Quito, Ecuador in 2022. A Hope on the Ground experience gives you the opportunity to become the “hands and feet” of Education Equals Hope. As E=H says, “On our Short-Term Missions Experiences, you’ll meet and serve with some of the most impoverished children in the world. All our Short-Term Missions Experiences give participants a chance to develop a deeper level of compassion and servant hearts.”
The dates are February 7-14, 2022. Learn more and see a beautiful highlight video of the January 2020 experience. If you would like to say ‘yes!’ to this experience, email Ashley Cameron to learn about next steps and more details.
Current & Upcoming Outreach Opportunities
Please stay tuned for upcoming Outreach Opportunities in 2022.
St. Mary’s Monthly Outreach Newsletter
Once a month, St. Mary’s Outreach Committee shares the good news of the amazing work the St. Mary’s Community is doing out in the wider community. The committee is so grateful for St. Mary’s never-ending support!
View past newsletters here:
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- July 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
St. Mary’s Outreach Grants
Throughout the past couple of years, the outreach committee formalized the local outreach grant process with the goal of impacting Goochland county and the greater Metropolitan Richmond area. In 2019, St. Mary’s was fortunate to be able to provide over $50,000 in grants to seven local non-profits – CARITAS, CrossOver Healthcare Ministry, Gateway Homes, Goochland Family YMCA, GoochlandCARES, Peter Paul Development Center, and St. Andrew’s School.