The Mission of St. Mary’s Outreach Committee
St. Mary’s Outreach Committee works to inspire and support the members of our parish community in finding ways as individuals and as a community to make a meaningful difference in serving people who need help. With God’s help, the St. Mary’s Outreach Mission is to seek and serve Christ in all persons, caring for and loving the most vulnerable individuals and families in the greater Goochland and Richmond community, and beyond.
Current & Upcoming Outreach Opportunities
Check out the latest Outreach Ministry Newsletter for current and upcoming news and volunteer opportunities!
Approach and Vision
- We will connect with the people we serve, respecting the dignity of every human being.
- Aligning with our partners and other churches in the community, we will work together to expand our reach and optimize our resources to ensure access to shelter, food, education, healthcare, medicine, supplies, and care.
- We will mobilize and optimize our congregation’s time, talents, and resources to positively impact those in need (educational, spiritual, material, emotional).
- We will build awareness and weave outreach into the culture of the church, through sustained storytelling, prayer, shared experiences, maintaining a calendar, and a consistent flow of information.
- We will consistently offer opportunities for outreach that will broadly appeal to and further engage parishioners of all ages.
- We will evaluate our resources and set priorities to distribute allocated funds to grant recipients.
- We will give up ourselves to God’s service, and in doing so, experience personal joy and peace in our closeness to God.