The Mission of St. Mary’s Outreach Committee
With God’s help, the St. Mary’s Outreach Mission is to seek and serve Christ in all persons, caring for and loving the most vulnerable individuals and families in the greater Goochland and Richmond community, and beyond.
Approach and Vision
- We will connect with the people we serve, respecting the dignity of every human being.
- Aligning with our partners and other churches in the community, we will work together to expand our reach and optimize our resources to ensure access to shelter, food, education, healthcare, medicine, supplies, and care for those at
- We will mobilize and optimize our Congregation’s time, talents, and resources to positively impact those in need (educational, spiritual, material, emotional).
- We will build awareness and weave Outreach into the culture of the church, through sustained storytelling, prayer, shared experiences, maintaining a calendar, and a consistent flow of
- We will rebuild our church support capabilities with a focus on creating a database of parishioner interests, skills, and experiences and implement a process to evaluate, prioritize, and resource current and future
- We will consistently offer opportunities for Outreach that will broadly appeal to and further engage parishioners of all
- We will evaluate our resources and set priorities to distribute allocated funds to grant
- We will give up ourselves to His service, and in doing so, experience personal joy and peace in our closeness to God.
St. Mary’s Outreach Grants
Throughout the past couple of years, the outreach committee formalized the local outreach grant process with the goal of impacting Goochland county and the greater Metropolitan Richmond area. In 2019, St. Mary’s was fortunate to be able to provide over $50,000 in grants to seven local non-profits – CARITAS, CrossOver Healthcare Ministry, Gateway Homes, Goochland Family YMCA, GoochlandCARES, Peter Paul Development Center, and St. Andrew’s School.