Children’s Chapel Online
We created Worship Kits that are referenced in the videos. They contain items that help set the stage for learning, including The Sunday Paper. The Sunday Paper is a great resource to explore the week’s reading for your children and even has a parent guide on the back. We send out copies of the Sunday Paper periodically to keep the kids up to date with the lessons. In addition to the Sunday paper, there are copies of prayers we say, a liturgical wheel guide, and books of the Bible guide.
Our storytellers use the Spark Story Bible, published by Sparkhouse, to tell most of the stories shared. Follow this link to order one for your own home.
If you would like to get a Worship Kit they are available in our church office or you can contact Amelia McDaniel to arrange for a delivery.
If you’d like to check out more resources to do at home, you can download, watch, or print them below:
- Children’s Chapel Worship
- Order a Sparkhouse Spark Story Bible through Amazon or Sparkhouse Publishing
- The music used during Children’s Chapel is from the CD All Creatures, published y Rain for Roots. Order a copy of All Creatures album.
St. Mary’s Storytime
Do your kids enjoy being read to and love a wonderful story? St. Mary’s is excited to offer a new component to Children’s Formation this summer – St. Mary’s Storytime! In addition to weekly Children’s Chapel, we are offering Storytime each week! A different storyteller will share brief part of the Old Testament, Psalms, Epistle or the Gospel story from the previous Sunday’s readings. Then they will read a wonderful illustrated children’s book and talk about how the stories and their themes relate.
In addition, Denise Bennett, our summer intern, is a professional storyteller and has included some of her favorite stories to share with our kids. We are so grateful for her incredible gift!
St. Mary’s Storytime Stories:
Check out all the stories relating to recent Bible lessons shared by some of our favorite storytellers, follow the links below
- “When I Pray for You” – relates to Psalm 139
- “Wemberly Worried” – relates to Matthew 11:16-19, 25-30
- “God’s Dream” by The Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Douglas Carlton Abrams
- “King Maen’s Secret” as told by Denise Bennett
- “The Magic Garden of the Poor” as told by Denise Bennett
- “One Hen: How One Small Loan Made a Big Difference” – relates to Matthew 14:13-21
- “Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters” – relates to Genesis 37:1-4, 12-28
- “The Day the Crayons Quit” – relates to Genesis 45:1-15
- “Peggy: A Brave Chicken on a Big Adventure” – relates to Exodus 1:8-2:10
- “Rosa” – relates to Romans 12:1-8
- “Moses: When Harriet Tubman Led Her People to Freedom” – relates to Exodus 3:1-15
Register Your Child in our Program!
Even though we are not meeting in person, please take a moment to go online and fill out a registration form for your child(ren). This information helps us so much to stay connected and up-to-date with your family. And it helps us have updated and accurate information, especially birth dates! We would love to share pictures of those celebrating birthdays that week at Online Children’s Chapel. We don’t want to miss a single one!
Children’s Ministry Committee
The Children’s Ministries Committee works to support the children, parents and all those who work with the children of St. Mary’s. This committee meets regularly to plan the events and programs that are offered to our children and families. Members serve in two year rotations and focus on one area of our ministry for that term. If you are interested in serving on the committee please contact Amelia McDaniel.
Clara Laing, Chair
Mary Beth O’Hara
Beth Ann Romeo