The Fellowship Team provides one of the best and most important ministries of all–food!
We plan and prepare breakfasts, dinners and special events such as the Bishop’s reception and picnics. As a fellowship volunteer you work along side experienced volunteers that show you the who, what, where when and how. You may help out once or twice a year or more if you decide it is something you enjoy. We have a lot of fun working together and would love to have you join with us in providing the ministry of Fellowship for the people of our parish.
Where we need and would welcome your help:
- Set up the parish hall and cafe for an event. Set tables, put greens and flowers in vases for tables. Make coffee and tea, put out silverware, water, nametags and such. No cooking experience needed or required.
- Help prepare, serve and cleanup a meal with the instruction of the Lead Cook – Great for all skill levels. The lead cook and experienced volunteers will be with you to explain even the simplest of tasks. Events range from breakfasts to picnics, dinners and the Bishop’s reception.
- Lead the Cooking effort – Plan and prepare a dinner or breakfast with the help of a team of experienced kitchen volunteers.
- Volunteer coordination – Help schedule volunteers for events and coordinate efforts to reach out to all who may be interested in becoming part of the Fellowship team.
When we need your help:
- Breakfasts are the second Sunday of the month. We would need your help from 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Dinners are the third Wednesday of the month. Lent includes weekly dinners with a speaker. We would need your help from 4:00 p.m. until 7 – 7:30 p.m.
- Special events – will be announced – such as the Bishops visit in June and other receptions throughout the year
Please contact Carrie Schaeffer to volunteer.
2017 Parish Supper Schedule:
Parish Suppers are served on the third Wednesday of each month. It is a rolling service that begins at 5:30 p.m. until 6:45 p.m. Drop by at anytime!
- Wednesday, January 18
- Wednesday, February 15
- Wednesday, March 15, Lenten Dinner
- Wednesday, March 22, Lenten Dinner
- Wednesday, March 19, Lenten Dinner
- Wednesday, April 5, Lenten Dinner
- Wednesday, May 17
Downtown Coffee Hour – New Ministry!
Do you wish you had more opportunities for community and fellowship during the week? Work downtown and can’t make it to weekday offerings at St. Mary’s? We’re bringing St. Mary’s coffee hour to you! Before you head into the office join your St. Mary’s friends and community for casual conversation, a cup of coffee, and a prayer to start your day. Get to know your clergy, your fellow parishioners, and begin your day on a positive note. Join Andrew Moore and Karen Huennekens at Pop’s Market (415 E Grace Street) from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Thursday, April 20. Join us for the full hour or just pop in and say hello! Help us as we create new spaces for building community and fellowship.