St. Mary’s has a number of educational and spiritual offerings. We hope you will join us for one or many!
Throughout the year, there are several different book-study offerings. Please check out the upcoming options below. If you are interested in signing up, please contact Amelia McDaniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW! Wednesdays at 12-1 p.m.
Join other St. Mary’s parents to talk about the joys and challenges of parenting. Bring a bag lunch if you’d like! Let us know if you prefer to join via Zoom.
- Liturgy of the Ordinary, by Tish Warren (September 13, 20, 27 & October 4)
- Love Her Well, by Kari Kampakis (October 18, 25 & November 1)
- Are My Kids on Track? by Sissy Goff, David Thomas & Melissa Trevathan (January 10, 17, 24 & 31)
- The Blessing of a B Minus, by Wendy Mogel, Ph.D. (April 10, 17, 24 & May 1)
Fridays at 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Come enjoy study and conversation as we read several books on scripture, liturgical seasons, and theology. Some of the books we choose are challenging, but the group is full of people learning together. Everyone is welcome.
- From Judgment to Hope: A Study of the Prophets, by Walter Brueggemann (9/22-10/20)
- Miracle on 10th Street: And Other Christmas Writings, by Madeleine L’Engle (11/17-12/15)
- Speaking of Faith, by Krista Tippett (1/12-26)
- Entering the Passion of Jesus or Signs and Wonders, by Amy Jill Levine (2/16-3/15)
- Walking in Wonder, by John O’Donohue (4/19-5/18)
Tuesdays at 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Join us for conversation and fellowship as we discuss both novels and non-fiction books throughout the year. This gathering is informal. Haven’t finished the reading? Come anyway! Have a friend or two who would like to come along? Bring them!
- The Stranger in the Lifeboat, by Mitch Albom (9/26 & 10/3)
- By Bread Alone, by Kendall Vanderslice (10/24 & 31. 11/7)
- The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver (1/9, 16 & 23)
- Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis (2/20 & 27, 3/5 & 12)
Lectionary Bible Study
The Lectionary Bible Study meets every Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the library with an option to join via Zoom. Led by the Rev. John Miller, each session focuses on the Lectionary readings assigned for the following Sunday. It’s a wonderful space to learn, dive deeper into the scriptures, and ask questions. Anyone who is interested is invited to attend and participate in this vibrant discussion. Call the church office at (804) 784-5678 for Zoom information.
Men’s Spiritual Practice
This gathering is an opportunity to deepen faith and is open to men of all ages. The men’s spiritual practice group meets weekly on Tuesday mornings at 8 a.m. via Zoom. Please email Wayne Dementi to learn more and receive the Zoom invitation information.