God our Father, you see your children growing up in an unsteady and confusing world: Show them that your ways give more life than the ways of the world, and that following you is better than chasing after selfish goals. Help them to take failure, not as a measure of their worth, but as a chance for a new start. Give them strength to hold their faith in you, and to keep alive their joy in your creation; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. BCP p. 829.
Our committee is responsible for supervising and guiding the youth ministries of St. Mary’s Church. Students in the youth community of the parish include those in middle school (grades 6-8) and upper school (grades 9-12). To serve the needs of these students and their parents, as well as to promote the Christian formation of adolescent members, the committee, together with the Minister to Youth and the Rector, we offer:
- Christian education for all youth, including age-appropriate curriculum for Sunday School and Confirmation instruction for students in grades 8-9;
- Mission outreach opportunities for youth in middle and upper school;
- Youth Fellowship groups for middle and upper school students;
- Recreation events to develop community spirit;
- Youth Sunday worship services led by students;
- Opportunities for enrichment and growth into the full stature of Christ.
Committee Chair: Jeff Allende: (T) 804.673.8822; email@example.com
Clergy Representative: John Miller: (T) 804.784.567; firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Contact: Kristopher Adams: (T) 804.784.5678; email@example.com