The Newcomers Committee is responsible for all aspects of welcoming visitors to our church and following up with them to help them grasp the excitement of becoming a member of our church. We are also responsible for helping new members become integrated into our community life by matching their interests with opportunities for service. We do this by:
- Having committee members try to identify and welcome visitors, answering their questions and helping them feel at home from their very first minutes at St. Mary’s;
- Introducing visitors to our clergy and parishioners;
- Introducing them to our many ministries and activities;
- Providing information packets about us, how to contact us and how to become a member;
- Hosting events just for new members and inviting them to our regular events;
- Always remembering that new members are the life blood of our church and finding new ways to attract and engage them.